This part of ISO/TS 16403 is part of a set of standards that supports interoperability of autonomous electronic fee collection (EFC) systems. These include ISO/TS 17575, which defines EFC systems' context data, their charge reports and their use of communication infrastructure.
Within the suite of EFC standards, this conformance evaluation procedure defines the process and tests for conformity evaluation of Front End and Back End that comply with the requirements in ISO/TS 17575-4.
ISO/TS 16403 is intended to:
- assess Front End and Back End capabilities;
- assess Front End and Back End behaviour;
- serve as a guide for Front End and Back End conformance evaluation and type approval;
- achieve comparability between the results of the corresponding tests applied in different places at different times;
- facilitate communications between parties.
The objective of this part of ISO/TS 16403 is to provide a basis for conformance tests for Front End and Back End in electronic fee collection, based on autonomous on-board equipment. This supports interoperability between different equipment supplied by different manufacturers.
The present abstract test suite (ATS) is directly derived from ISO/TS 16403-1.
Publication date: March 2012