ISO/IEC 24753:2011 -Information technology - Radio frequency identification (RFID) for item management - Application protocol: encoding and processing rules for sensors and batteries
ISO/IEC 24753:2011 defines a minimum application protocol to support sensors and the monitoring of batteries in conjunction with RFID tags utilizing the air interface as defined in the ISO/IEC 18000 series.
It provides common encoding rules for identifying sensors, their functions, and their delivered measurements. It also defines the process rules to support the following functions:
- selecting and de-selecting a particular sensory function when more than one is supported by the RFID tag;
- setting sensor parameters both initially and ongoing;
- starting and stopping the monitoring function of a sensor;
- accessing sensor data; and
- carrying out basic processing of sensor data and interpreting this into a format that is meaningful for an application.
Publication date: September 2011