ISO/IEC 19795-4:2008-Information technology — Biometric performance testing and reporting — Part 4: Interoperability performance testing
This part of ISO/IEC 19795 prescribes methods for technology and scenario evaluations of multi-supplier biometric systems that use biometric data conforming to biometric data interchange format standards.
It specifies requirements needed to assess
- performance available from samples formatted according to a standard interchange format (SIF),
- performance available when samples formatted according to a SIF are exchanged,
- performance available from samples formatted according to a SIF, relative to proprietary data formats,
- SIF interoperability, by quantifying cross-product performance relative to single-product performance,
- performance available from multi-sample and multimodal data formatted according to one or more SIFs, and
- performance interoperability of biometric capture devices.
In addition, this part of ISO/IEC 19795 includes procedures for establishing an interoperable set of implementations,
defines procedures for testing interoperability with previously established sets of implementations, and gives testing procedures for the measurement of interoperable performance.
It does not establish a conformance test for biometric data interchange formats, orprovide test procedures for online data collection.
Publication date: June 2008