ISO/IEC 29109-2:2010-Information technology — Conformance testing methodology for biometric data interchange formats defined in ISO/IEC 19794 — Part 2: Finger minutiae data
This part of ISO/IEC 29109 specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions and test procedures, as applicable to the biometric data interchange format standard relating to finger minutiae data (i.e. ISO/IEC 19794-2).
- tests of assertions of the structure of the finger minutiae data format as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005 (Type A Level 1 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009),
- tests of assertions of internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field (Type A Level 2 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009), and
- tests of semantic assertions (Type A Level 3 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009).
This part of ISO/IEC 29109 does not establish
- tests of conformance of CBEFF structures embedding ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005 biometric data blocks (BDBs),
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security),
- tests of conformance of systems that do not produce ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005 records, or
- tests for Level 3 conformance testing.
Publication date: May 2010