ISO/IEC 15963:2009 -Information technology — Radio frequency identification for item management — Unique identification for RF tags
This International Standard describes numbering systems that are available for the identification of RF tags.
The unique ID can be used:
- for the traceability of the integrated circuit itself for quality control in its manufacturing process,
- for the traceability of the RF tag during its manufacturing process and along its lifetime,
- for the completion of the reading in a multi-antenna configuration,
- by the anti-collision mechanism to inventory multiple tags in the reader’s field of view, and
- for the traceability of the Item to which the RF tag is attached.
Publication date: September 2009