ISO/IEC 7816-4:2005 –ID Cards-Part 4: Organization, security, commands for interchange.
This part of ISO/IEC 7816 specifies:
- contents of command-response pairs exchanged at the interface
- means of retrieval of data elements and data objects in the card,
- structures and contents of historical bytes to describe operating characteristics of the card,
- structures for applications and data in the card, as seen at the interface when processing commands,
- access methods to files and data in the card,
- a security architecture defining access rights to files and data in the cards
It does not cover the internal implementation within the card or the outside world. This part of ISO/IEC 7816 is independent from the physical interface technology. It applies to cards accessed by one or more of the following methods: contacts, close coupling and radio frequency.
Publication date: 2005