ISO 12855:2015 Electronic fee collection-Information exchg service prov. & tolls
Electronic fee collection - Information exchange between service provision and toll charging
ISO 12855:2015 specifies:
- the interfaces between electronic fee collection (EFC) systems for vehicle related transport services, e.g. road user charging, parking and access control; it does not cover interfaces for EFC systems for public transport; an EFC system can include any EFC system, e.g. including systems that automatically read licence plate numbers of vehicles passing a toll point,
- an exchange of information between the central equipment of the two roles of service provision and toll charging, e.g.- charging related data (toll declarations, billing details),- administrative data, and- confirmation data,
- transfer mechanisms and supporting functions,
- information objects, data syntax and semantics,
- examples of data interchanges (see Annex C and Annex D), and
- an example on how to use this International Standard for the European Electronic Tolling Service (EETS) (see Annex F).
ISO 12855:2015 is applicable for any toll service and any technology used for charging.
It is defined as a toolbox standard of transactions and Application Protocol Data Units (APDUs), which can be used for the assigned purpose. The detailed definitions of mandatory and optional elements in a real implementation are defined elsewhere. It does not define all communication sequences, communication stacks and timings.
The scope of ISO 12855:2015 is illustrated in Figure 2. The data types and associated coding related to the data elements described in Clause 6 are defined in Annex A, using the abstract syntax notation one (ASN.1) according to ISO/IEC 8824‑1.
Published: December 2015
This standard has revised ISO 12588:2012