ISO/IEC 29794-1:2016 Information technology - Biometric sample quality - Part 1
Information technology - Biometric sample quality - Part 1: Framework
ISO/IEC 29794-1:2016, for any or all biometric sample types as necessary, establishes the following:
- terms and definitions that are useful in the specification and use of quality metrics;
- purpose and interpretation of biometric quality scores;
- encoding of quality data fields in biometric data interchange formats;
- methods for developing biometric sample datasets for the purpose of quality score normalisation;
- format for exchange of quality algorithm results;
- methods for aggregation of quality scores.
The following are outside the scope of ISO/IEC 29794-1:2016:
- specification of minimum requirements for sample, module, or system quality scores;
- performance assessment of quality algorithms;
- standardization of quality algorithms.
Published: January 2016
Revises: ISO/IEC 29794-1:2009